"Animals belong in cages": Normalizing domination in Children’s toys, books and cartoons
In this video I speak briefly about how mainstream children’s toys, shows and books normalize the dominating and exploitative relationship that most humans in the West have with non-human animals. I think about what this means for my 2 year old who I want to teach how to critically think about, and question normalizing narratives and images of not just the ‘proper submissive’ place of non human animals as being in cages, zoos, farms, etc., but also question the normalizing narratives of hierarchies, power, and privilege and how this relates to racial, gender, nature, and class oppression.
- ibtk likes this
- gremilya reblogged this from veganmudblood
- gremilya likes this
- paxblueribbon said:the last minute of this video is some serious wingnuttery.
- quantumstarlight likes this
- thetaoofzoe reblogged this from angryvegan
- angryvegan reblogged this from veganmudblood
- tanistanis likes this
- les-l reblogged this from veganmudblood and added:
- veganmudblood posted this